Start Date: 1/17/2019 1:00 PM MST
End Date: 1/17/2019 2:30 PM MST
Independent Bankers of Colorado
IRA & HSA 2019 Update, Including Tax Reform Considerations
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
Rule changes have arrived. Are more on the way? Attend this webinar for a timely overview of important rule changes affecting IRA and HSA plans. Understand the impact of recent tax reform legislation on IRA plans, including the Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017 and the Budget Bipartisan Act of 2018. Whether you work directly with IRA and HSA owners or your role includes operational, reporting, or managerial responsibilities, this session will provide practical insights into the latest IRA and HSA issues.
Attendance verification for CE credits upon request.
- Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, SEP-IRA, SIMPLE-IRA, and HSA contribution limitations, including COLA calculation changes
- Recent regulatory guidance and proposed legislation, including any late-breaking news
- The latest information on recharacterizations, the 10% premature distribution penalty tax, rollover treatment of erroneous IRS levies, taxable alimony, handling federally declared disaster area distributions and rollovers, and much more
- HSA rules rarely discussed:
- Handling mistaken HSA owner distributions
- Dealing with mistaken employer HSA contributions
- Less common qualified medical expenses
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTERS
Frank J. LaLoggia
LaLoggia Consulting, Inc.
Frank LaLoggia is the President of LaLoggia Consulting, Inc., Rochester, New York, a pension consulting firm that assists financial organizations with ongoing support in the creation, development, and marketing of their retirement plans offerings.
Frank coordinates and conducts retirement plan seminars and training programs throughout the United States, including in-house IRA, HSA and employer retirement plan training sessions. With over 38 years’ experience in employee benefits, and always in demand, his client list is impressive. He has assisted many leading financial organizations in the pension and financial services industries. Frank has achieved the designation of Deferred Compensation Specialist through Northeastern Universities Center for Continuing Education and The National Retirement Plans Training Conference.