Start Date: 1/23/2019 1:00 PM MST
End Date: 1/23/2019 2:00 PM MST
Independent Bankers of Colorado
2018 HMDA Submission Due March 1, 2019, Part 2: Requirements, Clearing Edits, Exempt Fields & More
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
It’s been a challenging year for HMDA reporters. Complex new rules were effective January 1, 2018, followed by the CFPB’s procedural rule issued August 31, 2018. The new rule allows partial exemptions of selected HMDA data fields for small volume institutions. It is critical to understand the rules and be prepared to file an accurate submission of 2018 activity by the March 1, 2019, deadline.
This is Part 2 of a two-part series. Part 2 will focus on preparing data for submission and the technical requirements. Join us for an in-depth review of the partial exemption rules and exemption codes.
Attendance verification for CE credits upon request.
- Review of institutional coverage for all reporters for 2018 activity
- May 24th rule changes and partial HMDA exemptions
- Decision points about exempt data
- Some data fields are not required under the partial exemption rule, but it’s a best practice to retain and not report certain fields to support lending decisions and demonstrate fair lending compliance
- Options for reporting loans sold to the secondary market and partial exemption data fields
- Using the Filing Instructions Guide (FIG) to clear the four types of edits (syntactical, validity, quality, and macro quality)
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- HMDA worksheets and flow chart for 2018 activity, including updated CFPB resources
- List of data fields for each data point
- Step-by-step data collection definitions and how to avoid mistakes
- HMDA compliance resources, including submission checklists and fair lending considerations
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan operations staff, loan officers, loan assistants and processors, compliance officers, fair lending officers, IT support staff, and auditors.
All materials are subject to
copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Susan Costonis, CRCM
Compliance Consulting and Training for Financial Institutions
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.