Start Date: 1/30/2019 1:00 PM MST
End Date: 7/30/2019 2:30 PM MDT
Independent Bankers of Colorado
Teller Training Series: Frontline Fraud Prevention: Stopping Fraud at the Teller Line
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
Tellers and other staff who handle accountholder transactions are the first line of defense against fraud, money laundering, identity theft, and other crimes. What you know about these issues and how you handle them directly impact accountholders and can save your institution from potential losses. In 2017, financial institutions filed 148,290 suspicious activity reports on identity theft and related issues, and another 436,391 reports on frauds including checks, wire transfers, and ACH, including matters related to Ponzi, mass-marketing, and pyramid schemes. This webinar will provide the tools and best practices necessary to ensure your institution stops fraud at the frontline.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request.
- What type of documentation can you rely upon when opening an account and performing transactions requested by the accountholder?
- Who are the perpetrators and what are the common types of fraud?
- Identifying when an accountholder is being victimized by a fraudster (or family member)
- Red flags of reportable suspicious activity, including money laundering
- When to notify risk management/fraud/BSA department employees of suspicious activity related to an elderly person or dependent adult
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Red flags checklists for various frauds
- Resources for authenticating certain checks and money orders
- Checklist for identifying potentially fraudulent negotiable instruments
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
Teller Training Series: Compliance Training for the Frontline
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Teller Training Series: Risks & Precautions for Endorsements & Other Negotiable Instruments
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Teller Training Series: Cross Selling: The Key to Accountholder Satisfaction & Retention
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Teller Training Series: Accurately Completing the CTR Line-by-Line
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Teller Training Series: Managing Dual Control & Cash Limits
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new accounts staff, tellers, services representatives, call center staff, compliance personnel, and auditors.
All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Compliance Plus, Inc.
Mary-Lou Heighes is President and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has assisted financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training for trade associations and financial institutions. Mary-Lou has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars, and speaks at numerous conferences throughout the country.
Involved with financial institutions since 1989, Mary-Lou has over 20 years’ compliance experience. Before starting Compliance Plus in 2000, she spent five years working as a loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.