Start Date: 2/28/2019 1:00 PM MST
End Date: 8/28/2019 2:30 PM MDT
Independent Bankers of Colorado
Debit Card Chargebacks: Understanding Visa Claims Resolution
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
Prior to rolling out Visa Claims Resolution (VCR) in April 2018, Visa® promoted it as a simpler, more streamlined exception process. VCR rules and requirements include new timeframes, all new reason codes, and minor documentation requirement changes. With the new VCR process, the claim reasons are divided into two categories: allocation and collaboration. Fraud- and authorization-related claims comprise the allocation group and consistently account for at least 80% of the disputes reported by cardholders. This webinar will focus on the claim reason codes in the allocation group and an issuer’s ability to submit a claim for payment recovery. Compliance is critical because failure to adhere to Visa claim rules will lead to a loss of chargeback rights for your institution.
- Overview of merchant authorization process
- Required documentation from the cardholder
- Simple way to differentiate fraud and non-fraud chargeback claims
- Specific requirements for an EMV liability shift claim
- Maximum timeframes for submitting claims requests
- How to use authorization data to determine when chargeback rights are available
- What happens when you cannot recover funds from the merchant through a chargeback?
- How Visa provisional credit and zero liability rules factor into compliance obligations
- Complete Visa Claims Resolution cycle
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Sample cardholder dispute form
- Quick reference comparison of Regulation E and Visa rules
- Online location of publicly available Visa rules
- Reference websites
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
This informative session is designed for the frontline, EFT operations staff, and their managers at financial institutions that issue Visa debit cards.
Attendance verification for CE credits upon request.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Diana Kern joined SHAZAM in 1995, bringing with her five years of retail banking experience. She trains new and existing SHAZAM participants on products that include ATMs, ATM cards, MasterCard and Visa debit cards, and merchant services. Diana also acts as an ACH expert for SHAZAM, and in 1998 earned the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) certification. Additionally, she is a member of the Iowa chapter of the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD). Her detail-oriented focus helps explain concepts and specifics and her experience allows her to relate to and understand financial institutions’ inner workings. She leads more than 100 training sessions throughout the year.