Start Date: 3/5/2019 1:00 PM MST
End Date: 9/5/2019 2:30 PM MDT
Independent Bankers of Colorado
Board Reporting Series: Essential Board Reporting: Requirements, Timing, Delivery Options, Risks & Concerns
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
Clear, concise, complete information is critical to a board’s decision making. Examiners closely scrutinize board packages to confirm the board is receiving necessary information. This session will cover the safety and soundness and compliance areas reviewed by examiners. Learn which reports should be included in board packets, how they should be used, and how to recognize red flags. Participants will receive a checklist to ensure board packets cover all policy, report, and risk assessment requirements throughout the year.
- Compliance policies and risk assessment approvals, including fair lending, UDAAP, and others
- BSA policy, risk assessment, annual training, audit findings, and exam results
- Compliance exception reporting
- Safety and soundness issues (ground rules for loan presentations, loan review items, lending concentrations, etc.)
- Commercial real estate concentrations, stress testing, and more
- Summary of loans exceeding regulatory guidelines for LTV
- Red flags for ID theft, including seven annual reporting areas
- Examiners’ rules for effective board meetings
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Policy, report, and risk assessment schedule that includes everything that should be reported to the board
- Sample risk assessments (risk categories, new products, fair lending)
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
This informative session is designed for directors, compliance officers, risk managers, senior management, board secretaries, and auditors.
Attendance verification for CE credits upon request.
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode-Harner began her career in 1973 and has continued her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has spoken to audiences across the country for over 30 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state associations and has taught at the School of Banking Administration at the University of Wisconsin as well as many other state banking schools. Ann is the author of The Bank Deposit Documentation Manual for Front-Line Personnel published by Bankers Publishing Company, and is well represented in numerous industry publications.