Start Date: 4/3/2019 1:00 PM MDT
End Date: 4/3/2019 2:30 PM MDT
Independent Bankers of Colorado
C-Suite Series: Enterprise Risk Management: Three Key Risk Assessments
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
Risk assessments are at the core of a strong enterprise risk management (ERM) program. This session will summarize ERM’s basic concepts and the risk assessment process. It will specifically focus on three key risk assessments that are critical ERM program components: enterprise risk management, general information technology, and internal controls risk assessments. You will gain practical tools and examples you can implement immediately. This webinar is for those who have a foundational knowledge of ERM and who will benefit from specific examples of how to complete these three important risk assessments.
- ERM overview and key definitions
- Three key phases of ERM and how risk assessments fit in
- The risk assessment process and a complete example of an ERM risk assessment
- Information technology risk assessment – definitions, areas assessed, and categories included
- Complete example of IT risk assessment
- Internal controls risk assessment – definitions, areas assessed, and categories included
- Complete example of internal controls risk assessment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- ERM risk assessment template
- IT risk assessment template
- Internal controls risk assessment template
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
This informative session is designed for risk managers, risk leaders, chief risk officers, compliance officers, COOs, chief credit officers, internal auditors, and the entire risk management team.
Attendance verification for CE credits upon request.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Marcia "Marci" Malzahn
Marci Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, and talent management for financial institutions. Marci has 23 years of banking experience, with the last ten as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she helped start and where she oversaw all operations. In her last year as EVP/COO/CRO, Marci created and focused on the bank’s risk management program.
Before starting the bank in 2005, Marci worked for a $34 million nonprofit where she led IT, HR, and finance. The recipient of several professional awards, Marci has published three books and is an international bilingual speaker who frequently presents at banking conferences. She holds a Bachelor’s in Business Management from Bethel University and is a graduate of the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin.