Start Date: 5/14/2019 1:00 PM MDT
End Date: 11/14/2019 2:30 PM MST
Independent Bankers of Colorado
Teller Training Series: Managing Dual Control & Cash Limits
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
Managing dual control and cash limits is a critical responsibility in any business, but even more so in the financial industry. The teller’s role is integral to creating solid control processes. This program will explain the reasoning behind the procedures, outline potential consequences of cutting corners, and reinforce the importance of managing dual controls and working within established cash limits. Examples of various control logs and procedures will be provided.
- Relating the “fraud triangle” to frontline operations
- How to maintain the proper cash limits, including procedures for ordering and sending cash to the Federal Reserve or your cash courier service
- Dual control issues and procedures:
- Vault entry logs and cash
- Security logs (e.g., bait money, security device logs, etc.)
- Teller and ATM audits
- Financial loss scenarios to demonstrate internal control breakdowns and resulting legal and reputational risk
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Written procedures covering dual control for frontline functions
- Written procedures for cash limits
- Audit steps to test the documentation trail
- Sample logs
- Case studies designed to reinforce dual control and cash limits
- Employee training log
- NEW: Interactive Quiz to measure staff learning
This informative session is designed for tellers, head tellers, assistant head tellers, branch trainers, and auditors.
Attendance verification for CE credits upon request.
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
Teller Training Series: Compliance Training for the Frontline
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Teller Training Series: Frontline Fraud Prevention: Stopping Fraud at the Teller Line
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Teller Training Series: Risks & Precautions for Endorsements & Other Negotiable Instruments
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Teller Training Series: Cross Selling: The Key to Accountholder Satisfaction & Retention
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Teller Training Series: Accurately Completing the CTR Line-by-Line
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Molly Stull began her career as a teller while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. She has experienced the growth of a hometown bank, acquisitions of branches, mergers, charter changes, name changes, etc. Molly has activated business resumption plans, performed secondary market quality control reviews, processed wires, filed SARs, and coordinated reviews with external auditors and examiners. Her favorite role has always been educating staff and strongly believes that if staff understands the reason for a process they will be more compelled to follow the procedures. Molly holds a Bachelor’s from the University of Akron and an MBA from Ashland University.