Start Date: 5/9/2019 1:00 PM MDT
End Date: 11/9/2019 2:30 PM MST
Independent Bankers of Colorado
Developing & Delivering an Effective Loan Presentation
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
Credit memo, loan approval, credit request, loan presentation, etc. – regardless of the vernacular, an effective loan presentation delivered to an approving authority establishes a crucial cornerstone in credit risk management. Whether the audience is the loan committee, board, auditors, or examiners, the loan presentation must communicate the pertinent elements of creditworthiness and identify circumstances that present or elevate perceived credit risk. This webinar will extensively outline the elements of a highly effective loan presentation that properly communicates known risks while highlighting mitigating factors. The five Cs of credit will be used in developing the loan presentation, adding a sixth and seventh C of credit to consider.
- Benefits of a highly effective loan presentation
- Need for a comprehensive loan presentation
- Understand the potential audience beyond the approving authority (i.e., auditors and examiners)
- Potential for a more efficient approval process
- Development of complete narrative information surrounding the credit request
- Financial analysis narrative that effectively tells the borrower’s story, eliminating “elevator” analysis
- Industry analysis – when it is meaningful; recognizing the pitfalls
- How to strengthen the collateral analysis in the loan presentation
- Defining the credit risk grade, including regulatory definitions of criticized and classified credits
- Periodic review of credits and monitoring the credit after origination, including the annual review
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Outline of an effective loan presentation, including narrative summary
- Employee training log
- NEW: Interactive Quiz to measure staff learning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for staff who develop loan presentations, including credit analysts, loan officers, senior credit officers, and other lending personnel. It will also benefit the end-users, including directors, loan committee members, and senior management with credit approval authority.
Attendance verification for CE credits upon request.
All materials are subject to
copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Young & Associates, Inc.
Aaron Lewis is a consultant in the lending and compliance divisions of Young and Associates. As a consultant, he assists clients by performing loan reviews and ALLL methodology reviews. In addition, he has performed reviews in lending compliance and quality control. Prior to joining Young and Associates, Aaron was employed by a community bank in southeast Michigan for eleven years. He worked his way through various facets of the operation from frontline service, to branch management, to Vice President, Credit Administrator. He also has secondary market, compliance, and asset quality experience. Aaron holds a Bachelor’s in finance from Michigan State University and graduated from the Graduate School of Banking, University of Wisconsin.