Start Date: 6/12/2019 1:00 PM MDT
End Date: 6/12/2019 2:30 PM MDT
Independent Bankers of Colorado
Essential HR Recordkeeping from Hiring to Firing
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
HR’s recordkeeping function is crucial to their role as a strategic business partner. Nothing is as important as knowing the compliance rules regarding documentation, notices, and record retention. With technology so integrated into HR’s role, understanding what can and can’t be retained electronically is essential.
All HR functions have federal recordkeeping requirements – from recruitment and selection, to hiring and onboarding, to compensation and benefits, to employee relations (policy administration, disciplinary actions, terminations) and training – including more than 17 employment laws regarding recordkeeping alone. Without proper recordkeeping, you are less likely to pass government audits and less likely to win lawsuits. This webinar will outline recordkeeping requirements, how to ensure compliance, and the consequences of noncompliance.
- Basic recordkeeping, documentation, and notice requirements for each HR function
- Policies employers must follow, consequences of noncompliance, and documentation required to substantiate your actions
- Record retention requirements and the rules of personnel file maintenance
- Dos and don’ts of electronic recordkeeping
- Best practices when developing recordkeeping and documentation protocols
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Recruitment audit checklist
- What to keep in personnel files
- Federal recordkeeping requirements
- Chart integrating FMLA, ADA, and WC
- Legal issues surrounding performance reviews
- Salary administration checklist
- Employee records checklist
- Employment recordkeeping audit checklist
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative program is designed for staff responsible for human resources recordkeeping and maintenance. Supervisors will also benefit from learning the ins and outs of required recordkeeping and documentation, especially if some employment functions are decentralized.
Attendance verification for CE credits upon request.
All materials are subject to
copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Kay Robinson, SPHR
Robinson HR Consulting, LLC
Kay is the Principal of Robinson HR Consulting, LLC. She has served as an HR consultant and practitioner for over 25 years, including 14+ years as Director of HR Consulting Services with RSM McGladrey; Assistant Vice Chancellor for HR at the University of North Carolina; and Associate Director for HR at the University of Rochester/Strong Memorial Hospital.
A frequent speaker, Kay received her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in HR/Adult Learning at the University of Rochester; is a Senior Certified Professional (SHRM – SCP) and a Certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI).