Start Date: 8/13/2019 1:00 PM MDT
End Date: 2/13/2020 2:30 PM MST
Independent Bankers of Colorado
Developing the Right Strategic Plan for Your Bank
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
Your strategic plan should be as unique as your financial institution. Too often, executives and directors construct strategic plans based on old plans, online strategies, or brainstorming grounded in emotion or intuition. Financial services has become a much faster-paced industry than it was 15 or 20 years ago and is impacted by many more forces, challenges, competitors, and opportunities than ever before. These drivers highlight the need for every institution to have a living, breathing strategic plan to thrive and grow. Whether your institution lacks a cohesive strategy, or just wants to review existing plans, this webinar will address questions including:
- What is your vision for the future of your institution?
- Do employees know the vision, and can they articulate it?
- Does your institution’s culture and brand (everything from electronic signatures on emails to the look of the lobby) reflect the vision of where you want to take your institution?
- What risks are unique to your institution?
- Do you have the right people in the right places to fulfill the vision?
- Importance of a clearly defined strategic plan structure
- Key components common to successful strategies
- Role of enterprise risk mitigation and management in the strategic plan
- Establishing best practices with board governance
- Developing, implementing, and managing the strategic planning process
- Integrating your talent management and enterprise risk management programs into your strategic plan
- How to ensure your strategic plan is implemented
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Strategic Risk Assessment for New Initiatives template
- Sources and resources
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to the leadership team, executives, supervisors with planning responsibilities, chief risk officers, and directors involved in the strategic planning process.
Attendance verification for CE credits upon request.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTERS
Marcia "Marci" Malzahn
Marci Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, and talent management for financial institutions. Marci has 23 years of banking experience, with the last ten as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she helped start and where she oversaw all operations. In her last year as EVP/COO/CRO, Marci created and focused on the bank’s risk management program.
Before starting the bank in 2005, Marci worked for a $34 million nonprofit where she led IT, HR, and finance. The recipient of several professional awards, Marci has published three books and is an international bilingual speaker who frequently presents at banking conferences. She holds a Bachelor’s in Business Management from Bethel University and is a graduate of the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin.