Start Date: 8/21/2019 1:00 PM MDT
End Date: 2/21/2020 2:30 PM MST
Independent Bankers of Colorado
E-Compliance Rules, Policies & Best Practices for Email, Web, Mobile & Social Media
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
Financial institutions have long known they cannot afford to play fast and loose with legal and regulatory compliance with email, web, mobile, and social media management – and the steep costs of noncompliance. The organizations penalized for electronic mismanagement reads like a who’s who of the industry. It’s not uncommon for industry regulators and courts to impose hefty fines and legal judgments on financial institutions that mismanage electronic content, violate consumer privacy, fail to secure business records, or are slow to turn over subpoenaed email and other electronically stored information (ESI). Don’t risk the costly consequences of litigation, regulatory audits and fines, security breaches, business record mismanagement, lost productivity, business interruptions, and public embarrassment. Join us to learn how to implement strategic electronic compliance management that combines policy, training, and technology.
- How a strategic e-compliance management program can help anticipate and deflect legal liabilities, regulatory disasters, security breaches, and other electronic risks
- Best practices to ensure legal, regulatory, and organizational compliance
- Why and how you must preserve, protect, and produce electronic business records
- Creating effective email, web, mobile device, and social media policies and procedures
- Conducting an annual e-policy audit
- Best practices to manage content, use, records, and risks
- Putting the three Es of electronic compliance management to work
- Enforcing e-policies at work, home, and on the road
- Tips for effective e-policy training
- Supporting policy with best-in-class technology tools
- Monitoring rules – reconciling privacy expectations with legal realities
- Real-life electronic disaster stories
- Timely information, expert advice, and best practices to implement immediately
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Social media rules: Guidelines for Creating Effective Social Media Policy
- Mobile device compliance checklist: Best Practices for Effective BYOD & COPE Programs
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for human resources professionals, lawyers, compliance officers, IT directors, privacy officers, managers, executives, and others responsible for electronic policy and compliance management. Anyone who communicates online will benefit.
Attendance verification for CE credits upon request.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTERS
The ePolicy InstituteTM & Business Writing InstituteTM
A recognized expert on workplace policy, communication, and compliance, Nancy Flynn is the founder and executive director of The ePolicy Institute and Business Writing Institute. She provides training, writing, and consulting services to clients seeking to minimize compliance risks and maximize communication skills.
Nancy is the author of 13 books, including Writing Effective E-Mail, The ePolicy Toolkit, and The Social Media Handbook. An in-demand trainer, she conducts seminars, webinars, and one-on-one coaching for financial institutions, financial services firms, and other clients worldwide. She also serves as an expert witness in litigation related to workplace policies and internet use.