Start Date: 8/29/2019 8:30 AM MDT
End Date: 8/30/2019 4:00 PM MDT
Venue Name: Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport Location:
16475 E 40th Circle
Aurora, CO United States 80011
Independent Bankers of Colorado
Presented by ProBank Austin in Conjunction with Independent Bankers of Colorado
A two-day program designed to encompass the broad range of topics included in the realm of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering.
2019 Anti-Money Laundering & Bank Secrecy Act
• Designing and Implementing a BSA Program
• Establishing the appropriate Culture of Compliance
• Implementing the Beneficial Ownership Requirements
• Completing the Currency Transaction Report (FinCEN Form 112)
• Exempting Eligible Clients from CTR Filing
• Overview of Regulatory and Statutory Components of BSA
• Customer/Member Identification Programs
• Establishing a Risk-Based Program of Identifying and Classifying Your Clients
• Suspicious Activity Reporting – the updated Form (FinCEN Form 111) and the SAR Process
• How OFAC Fits into the Process
Recent Congressional focus and well-publicized BSA enforcement actions and fines continue to support a climate proving BSA compliance remains of paramount importance to all financial institutions. Treasury continues to rely on financial institutions to serve as the “front-line gatekeepers” for law enforcement efforts to safeguard the U.S. financial system from the abuses of financial crimes, including money laundering and terrorist financing. The federal regulatory agencies continue to rely on financial institutions to take “every reasonable step” to identify, minimize, and manage any risks that illicit financial activity may pose to the individual institution and the industry. Ongoing initiatives by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), and continued expansions of the federal examination procedures, reinforce the need to have a strong BSA program at your institution.
This two-day school covers in detail the issues and opportunities in the ever-expanding environment of the Bank Secrecy Act and reviews the entire realm of BSA from “A” to “Z”. From decades old Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR) and various recordkeeping requirements, to institutional risk assessment, Customer/Member Due Diligence (CDD), beneficial ownership expectations, and suspicious activity reporting, students from the novice appointee to the tenured BSA professional will find the discussions and interactions to be of great value.
DAY ONE - The "Basics"
DAY TWO - The "Current"
• Statutory and Regulatory Requirements
• Enforcement Actions, MRIAs, and the “Lessons Learned”
• Acronym Review and Sources of Information
• Federal BSA/AML Examination - Latest Updates
• USA PATRIOT Act Requirements and Implications
• Currency Transaction Reporting – Updated FinCEN Form 112
• Exemption “Opportunities” From CTR Reporting
• Recordkeeping Requirements
• Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
• Culture of Compliance
• “Beneficial Ownership” and the New Regulations
• Customer/Member Due Diligence
• “High-Risk” Products, Services, and Geographies
• Institutional Risk Assessments
• Suspicious Transactions, Terrorist Financing, and other Money Laundering Techniques
• Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) - Updated FinCEN Form 111
• SAR “Confidentiality,” Elder / Vulnerable Adult Exploitation, Tax Refund Fraud, Marijuana- Related Businesses, Human Trafficking and Human Smuggling, E-Mail Compromise Fraud, Cyber- Events and Cyber-Related Crime, and Disaster-Related Fraud,
• Money Services Businesses (MSBs), Third-Party Payment Processors (TPPPs), Real-Estate Geographic Targeting Orders, “De-risking”, and Other High-Risk Clients and Entities
This seminar assists financial institutions in meeting the annual training requirements imposed by the BSA regulations and provides attendees with the opportunity to network with other professionals interested in BSA compliance.
Download the brochure here
, Register by mail, fax, phone, or online
. Reference code 19IBC65
to receive the discounted fee of $650.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is designed for personnel who have management-level responsibilities or BSA compliance. Individuals with retail banking, risk management, compliance, audit, operational, corporate banking, and training responsibilities will benefit from this program.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport, 16475 E 40th Circle, Aurora, CO 80011
Thursday, August 29, 2019 through Friday, August 30, 2019
Basic Knowledge of AML/BSA Regulations.
Attendees receive a detailed seminar manual with narrative explanations of regulatory requirements and examination procedures. The manual is an excellent resource for future reference.
Meeting room temperatures are often difficult to control. Please dress for comfort. Business casual dress is appropriate for all ProBank seminars.
Field Of Study
Call 800-523-4778. For program questions, more information or refunds, ask for ext. 205 or ext. 235. For administrative policies, such as complaint resolution, ask for extension 222.
You will receive a written confirmation of your seminar registration within ten days after we receive payment. If an e-mail address is provided, your confirmation will be sent via e-mail. Please make sure to add email@example.com to your list of approved e-mail addresses.
ProBank Inclement Weather Line
In the event of inclement weather in your area, please call (502) 479-5241 for any seminar cancellations. If ProBank cancels a program due to weather, ProBank will refund the entire registration fee. If a program is not canceled and you choose to cancel your attendance, refunds will not be granted; however, substitutions are always welcome or you may transfer to another seminar by calling ProBank no later than the day of the program.
If you cancel at least seven days prior to the seminar date, we grant full refunds. If you cancel six days or less, there will be a cancellation fee of $100 for each day of the seminar. Refunds will not be granted for “no-shows” or for cancellations received on the date of the seminar. Substitutions are welcome at any time. If ProBank cancels a seminar for any reason, we will refund the entire registration fee. ProBank reserves the right to cancel the program when necessary. ProBank is unable to reimburse for travel expenses related to a canceled program. Please consider making refundable reservations or call us to confirm program before making reservations.
Approved for 13 CPE Credits. Eligible for 13.5 CRCM Credits through ABA Professional Certifications.
Visit their website at: www.aba.com/Training/Certifications/Pages/default.aspx