Start Date: 7/16/2019 1:00 PM MDT
End Date: 1/16/2020 2:30 PM MST
Independent Bankers of Colorado
BSA Series: Job-Specific BSA Training for the Frontline
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
The frontline is the first line of defense in identifying and reporting suspicious activity. Therefore, it’s crucial that frontline staff receive initial and annual training on BSA/AML requirements and fully understand what is expected during their day-to-day duties. This session will detail BSA/AML rule components, including red flags for money laundering, CIP documentation, CDD rules, OFAC screening, CTR completion, maintaining information for the sale of monetary instruments, and much more! Arm your frontline with the knowledge and tools needed to comply.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Overview of the five BSA pillars
- Currency transaction reporting (CTR) rules and how to avoid errors
- Identifying and reporting suspicious activity
- OFAC screening responsibilities
- Gathering the information required to meet CDD requirements
- Red flags for hot-button, high-risk activities, including elder financial exploitation, marijuana-related businesses, and human trafficking
- Noncompliance penalties
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Audit checklist for CTR accuracy
- Sample suspicious incident report
- Elder abuse, marijuana-related businesses, human trafficking, and money laundering red flags
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
This informative session is designed for frontline staff, new accounts personnel, and branch management.
Attendance verification for CE credits upon request.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has 17 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Dawn served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. Dawn has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, and coordinated internal and external audits and exams.