Commercial and Industrial Lending in Today’s Competitive Market
Monday, February 8, 2021, 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
This webinar begins with a brief overview of Commercial and Industrial (C&I) loan products including working capital lines of credit
, ABL facilities
, and equipment financing
(loans/leases) and their typical structure. Then we’ll explore underwriting
C&I loans including accounts receivable
assessment and the use of a “Borrowing Base Certificate” (basic and advanced models), the valuation and quality of inventory
, and the analysis of various equipment
issues in lending. This portion of the seminar will also cover the proper evaluation of the borrower’s financial statements
. Additionally, will cover documentation
of C&I loans, collateral
concerns, challenges with pricing
, and managing
the C&I loan portfolio. This session concludes with a review of how to identify and market
to new C&I loan prospects in today’s competitive market.
- Review C&I lending
- Discuss C&I loan products and their typical structure
- Explore underwriting C&I loans including accounts receivable, inventory, and equipment financing
- Analyze the Borrowing Base Certificate (BBC)
- Evaluate the borrower’s financial statements
- Review the documentation, collateral, pricing, and managing of C&I loans
- Develop the marketing of C&I loans in today’s economy
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers.
Commercial Real Estate Lending Issues in Today’s Economy
Monday, February 22, 2021, 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
This webinar begins with a review of “commercial real estate
” including types of properties and demand/supply in the “current” market. This session will then cover the entire “loan process” by which a commercial real estate (CRE) loan is marketed
” and monitored
. The process will include a discussion of CRE underwriting techniques
and loan documentation
issues. Additionally, strategies to handle a problem
CRE loan will be addressed.
- Review commercial real estate including types of properties and demand/supply in the current market
- Gain an understanding of how banks process CRE loans
- Learn the steps of marketing, underwriting, approving, documenting, closing, and monitoring a CRE loan
- Cover CRE loan underwriting techniques and documentation issues
- Address problem CRE loan issues
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan documentation specialists, relationship managers, branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers.
COVID-19 and the Commercial Lender
Monday, March 8, 2021, 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
This webinar will review commercial lending in the era of COVID-19. The webinar begins with a brief overview of issues facing your bank and business borrower during this time of uncertainty. The session will also discuss SBA lending products including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), the EIDL, Express Bridge Loan, and Debt Relief. Additionally, ways to better manage the bank’s “conventional” commercial loan portfolio will be discussed including “stress testing.” Loan modifications and risk ratings will be explored along with commercial real estate (CRE) lending issues. We’ll also explore ways to assess the customer’s business plans and projected profitability after COVID-19.
- Review commercial lending in the era of COVID-19
- Define SBA lending products including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Explore ways to better manage your “conventional” commercial loan portfolio during the pandemic including “stress testing”
- Discuss loan modifications, risk ratings, and CRE lending issues
- Assess the customer’s business plans and projected profitability post COVID-19
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, credit administrators, relationship managers, business development officers, branch managers.
David L. Osburn, MBA, CCRA, is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a Business Training & Contract CFO Firm that provides seminars, webinars, and keynote speeches for bankers, CPAs, credit managers, attorneys, and business owners. His extensive professional background of over 30 years includes 20 years as a Business Trainer/ Contract CFO and 16 years as a bank commercial lender including the position of Vice President/Senior Banking Officer. Mr. Osburn has also been an adjunct college professor for over 30 years including College of Southern Nevada.
Register for the entire 3-part series and $ave or pick and choose the session(s) that best meet your personal and professional learning objectives.
Registration fee is per connection/person. The webinar will be conducted
GoToWebinar. You will receive connection information prior to the program. Registration deadline is one week prior to the offering.
Written cancellation (email acceptable) must be received on or before Friday, January 29, 2021, and will be subject to a $75 cancellation fee. NO refunds will be granted after Friday, January 29, 2021; however, a substitute may attend. IBC reserves the right to cancel any program for which there is insufficient funds to cover the expense of the program. In the event of cancellation by IBC registration fees will be refunded.