The Independent Bankers of Colorado is pleased to partner with the Virginia Association of Community Banks (VACB) to present the Universal Banker Certification Program
. Due to the ongoing pandemic with reduced in-branch transactions and customer visits and an increase in technology, less traditional teller functions are needed. No longer can a frontline team member say: “It’s not my job!” Today’s frontline team is shifting from traditional positions (tellers, new account representatives, financial service representatives, etc.) to a multi-tasking, “universal" banker. Today’s customer base is shifting from the traditional, visit the bank twice a week to quick response, electronic banking relationship with the bank.
This two-day certification program focuses on the essentials for today’s universal banker in providing exceptional service, making referrals, and building profitable relationships from millennials to baby boomers. The Certification Program is packaged full of checklists, job aids, case studies, examples, and "real world" situations. You will also receive a Certification of Completion.
Key Program Objectives
The Benefits of This Certification Process Include . . .
- Understanding the Changing Role of Retail Banking
- Defining and Developing the Universal Banker
- Core Competencies for the Universal Banker
- Defining Professionalism for Today’s Bankers
- Etiquette and Netiquette Tips and Tools
- Representing the Bank and Networking
- Becoming the One Source for the Exceptional Customer Experience
- Moving from Order Taker to Relationship Banker
- Maximizing the Customer On-Boarding Process
- Making Referrals as Simple as A-B-C
- Meeting the Needs of Today’s Customers:
- Focus on Baby Boomers
- Focus on Generation X
- Focus on Generation Y (Millennials),
- Focus on Generation Z
- And much more…
- An investment in developing “best practices” for your bank’s retail network
- An education resource for training and career development and retention
- Recognition and opportunities for frontline team members
- A foundation builder for banking schools
- A commitment to successful, profitable, efficient, and effective retail banking network
Created and designed for branch managers, retail branch administrators, marketing directors, head tellers, customer service representatives and other with customer service responsibilities will benefit from this certification program.
This two-day Universal Banker certification program will be conducted on the Zoom platform. Upon registration you will receive a link to the two days of training and the materials. The materials will need to be printed for the program. Having these documents printed will provide you with the information needed to successfully participate in the program. Please note, the materials and hookup link will arrive several days prior to the start of the session.
is the Founder & President of Performance Solutions, Inc., a training and consulting company that specializes in providing solutions to the key challenges facing community banks today in attracting, selling & servicing their customers. As a former banker, her service, which
includes a broad scope including strategic planning, leadership and management development, regulatory & compliance implementations, retail growth strategies, and sales & service culture development, is recognized as “real world solutions” by both regional banks and community banks.
|IBC Ed Program Member