Independent Bankers of Colorado Compliance Forum Program
Your survival guide to the ever-changing regulatory environment!
E-Learning Seminars via Zoom, February 9 and December 8
Live Learning Seminars, May 24 and September 7
9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Mountain Time
IBC, in partnership with Financial Solutions, Inc., is excited to sponsor the Compliance Forum Program
. This program is designed specifically for you
, your team
, and institution
! You receive:
- up-to-date information on compliance issues
- guidance for structuring and maintaining your in-bank compliance program
- key developments in bank regulations, and
- proven techniques for enhancing your compliance program
In addition, this program provides valuable networking opportunities among your peers to share tips, tricks, and techniques to help find solutions and solve your compliance challenges.
Annual enrollment in IBC’s Compliance Forum Program consists of interrelated compliance services:
- Live Regulatory Seminars (two live e-learning and two in-person (contingent on State guidelines for gatherings) – First and fourth quarter programs will be conducted live via Zoom. The second and third quarter programs will be conducted in-person (contingent on state gathering guidelines). Each seminar will be from 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. mountain time. Detailed handouts will be provided for each meeting. This affords you the opportunity to build your resource library.
- Compliance Hotline – You will have year-round access to both IBC’s legal/compliance hotline and Financial Solutions’ compliance expert via a dedicated email for assistance with compliance issues.
- Continuing Education Credits – To demonstrate our commitment to having a robust and current compliance program, you will receive a certificate of completion at the end of each quarterly program. Use these certificates to apply for certification in a national certification program or for continuing education requirements for those already certified.
- Weekly Emails – IBC’s Insider News You Can Use will be directly emailed to you.
IBC’s Compliance Forum is designed with flexibility in mind. To ensure you receive the most from your membership you decide which team member attends each quarterly program. This allows for the right person to attend each program based on job responsibilities. Additional team members may also participate for an additional fee. This enhances your ability to implement effective compliance solutions throughout the bank.
Created For YOU
The focus of the Compliance Forum is on regulatory compliance. We believe it is essential for your compliance officer attend. New and seasoned compliance officers will benefit from this program. We believe regulatory compliance should be approached from a bank-wide perspective; many banks have discovered it is extremely beneficial to offer the Compliance Forum to additional team members within the bank when session topics relate directly to their role.
When you attend a session, you want to focus on the material being presented. It is often difficult to listen to the presenter and take detailed notes at the same time. For this reason, the Compliance Forum materials are comprehensive with detailed presentations, checklists, tools, and real-world examples. This also enables you to electronically access the materials as a reference guide to the regulation and as a training manual for your team members.
Most community banks do not have the time or the resources to build elaborate compliance system from scratch. The Compliance Forum is your solution! The Compliance Forum provides practical, user-friendly compliance techniques and explains how they relate to all areas of compliance. You will learn how to improve your documentation skills to accurately record and explain your reasoning.
The Compliance Forum is a proven method to reduce the risk of regulatory actions against your bank for reasons such as:
- failure to establish an effective compliance management program
- failure to maintain updated compliance policies
- failure to provide adequate compliance training, and
- failure to monitor internal compliance
In addition, with each change in examination focus and amendment to regulatory compliance regulations, there is an increased risk of inadvertent compliance errors. The Compliance Forum reduces the possibility of these errors occurring because your team will have a greater understanding of the regulatory requirements as the landscape changes and evolves.
The Compliance Forum is designed to assist you in receiving timely answers to your questions, as well as testing techniques before implementation. The program provides a forum where you can be an active participant by asking questions, sharing your concerns, and providing compliance techniques with the group. This peer evaluation and two-way flow of information increases understanding and improves the bank’s efforts toward a viable compliance program.
Our Commitment to You
The Compliance Forum was designed to deliver a cost-effective compliance service. IBC prides itself in knowing that this 30+-year-old program was developed to specifically meet the unique challenges and needs you have.
Certificate of Completion
To demonstrate our commitment to having a robust and current compliance program, you will receive a certificate of completion at the end of each quarterly program. Use these certificates to apply for certification in a national certification program or for continuing education requirements for those already certified.
IBC Education Program Members
$1,849 for the first person
$349 for each additional person from same bank
$1,999 for the first person
$449 for each additional person from same bank
$2,499 for the first person
$549 for each additional person from same bank
Detailed information will be provided for each quarterly seminar.
IBC reserves the right to cancel any program for which there is insufficient funds to cover the expense of the program. In the event of cancellation by IBC registration fees will be refunded.
Our Compliance Expert – Patti Joyner, CRCM, Financial Solutions
Patti Joyner is a dynamic speaker and leader with strong, intuitive management skills, and a deep conviction that “excellence is not optional.” She has extensive experience in working with financial institutions, bank data processors, and governmental agencies. Patti has more than 35 years’ experience in the financial industry as an entrepreneur and financial institution executive. She is a Certified Public Accountant, skilled regulatory compliance consultant, bank operations specialist, system automation designer, and an enthusiastic regulatory instructor who believes in providing real-world solutions ready for immediate implementation. Patti believes in community banking and LOVES community bankers! She will remind you that banking is not just about dollars and cents, it is really all about the people!