IRA Essentials provides you a solid foundation of IRA knowledge. Exercises are included throughout the day to help you apply information to job-related situations. You will leave this session able to work with IRA owners and process basic IRA transactions with confidence. This is a beginner’s session; no previous IRA knowledge is assumed. Please have a calculator handy.
Introduction and Establishing IRAs
- Identify the tax advantages of Traditional and Roth IRAs
- Summarize the IRA opening document requirements
- Explain the difference between primary and contingent beneficiaries
- Compare and contrast Traditional and Roth IRA eligibility requirements
- Explain the regulator contribution limit
- Distinguish the regular contribution deadline
- State the rules for prior-year contributions
- Discuss the regular contribution reporting deadlines
- Identify federal income tax withholding requirements
- Recognize the exceptions to the early distribution penalty tax
- Summarize the tax consequences of Traditional and Roth IRA distributions
- Define a required minimum distribution (RMD) and the required beginning date (RBD)
- Differentiate between a rollover and a transfer
- Distinguish between direct and indirect rollovers between IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans
Designed for those new to IRAs and for those seeking an update, general refresher on IRA rules.
IBC is pleased to partner with Ascensus®
to present IRA training. Ascensus®
is the largest independent recordkeeping services partner, third-party administrator, and government and health savings facilitator in the United States. They are also on the of the savings plan industry’s leading providers of outsourced services. Their combination of purpose-built technology and deep expertise enables our partners to deliver industry-leading solutions that help people save for what matters: retirement, education, and healthcare.
IBC Education Program Members $275
Each additional registrant from same organization $225
IBC Members $325
Each additional registrant from same organization $275
IBC Non-Member $450
Each additional registrant from same organization $400
: Register for both
IRA Essentials and Advanced IRAs and $ave $50/registrant ($275 x 2 = $550; $550 – 50 = $500).
If registering more than two team members, call for discounted pricing!!
Written cancellation must be received in the IBC office by Friday, February 11, 2022, and will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee. NO REFUNDS will be granted after Friday, February 11, 2022; however, a substitute may attend. The IBC reserves the right to cancel any program for which there is insufficient funds to cover the expense of the program. In the event of cancellation by IBC you will be notified by either phone or email. Prepaid registration fees will be refunded.