Cash, Credit, and Collection Management: The Life Blood of the Business
Monday, October 3, 2023, 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
This pro-active training session will explore the importance of the role of “cash, credit, and collections” management within the business. The credit analysis
section will include the five
“Cs” of credit while the financial statement analysis
section will cover a “five-step” model including “liquidity, activity, leverage, operating performance, and cash flow.” This will be followed by effective cash management
tools including zero balance accounts, collection techniques
including legal issues and negotiations skill set, and the “management” of the collection process
including “diverse” human factors.
- The importance of “cash, credit, and collections” management within the business
- Explore credit analysis including the five “C’s” of credit
- Learn a “five-step” financial statement analysis model
- Review “cash management” tools
- Explore effective “collection” techniques
- Review the “management” of the collection process
Commercial lenders, relationship managers, business development officers, private bankers, branch managers, and credit analysts.
How to Craft an Effective Commercial Loan Write-Up
Monday, October 17, 2022, 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
This webinar will cover the basics of how to craft an effective commercial loan write-up
. The session will begin with a brief overview of loan write-ups
or credit memorandums
including types, styles, and necessary component parts (relationship information, financial analysis, management review, and risk assessment/mitigation). The financial analysis section
will highlight “liquidity, activity, leverage, operating performance, and cash flow analysis.” Additionally, the “Z-score” bankruptcy predictor will be reviewed. The session will also cover additional important loan write-up
items including assessing the company’s strategic plan
- “marketing, financing, and management.” Also, the “risk assessment and mitigation” section will be used to summarize the loan presentation. Three “standard” commercial loan write-ups will be presented in order to illustrate the concepts.
- Review effective commercial loan write-ups
- Discuss types, styles, and components parts
- Cover the financial analysis section
- Assess the company’s strategic plan and management’s strengths/ weaknesses
- Analyze the risk assessment and mitigation section as a summary of the loan presentation
- Summarize the concepts by reviewing three loan write-ups
Commercial lenders, relationship managers, credit analysts, private bankers, and business development officers
Loan Committee Presentation Skills Training
Monday, October 24, 2022, 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
How do you make an effective presentation to loan committee? How does it really work? How do you overcome the fear and intimidation factor? Attend this webinar and learn skill building techniques that include the “do’s & don’ts” of loan committee, “reading” the personalities of the committee members, understanding the difference between an “outside” versus “inside” committee member, exploring “group dynamics,” and tips on how to actually make a clear
, and motivating
presentation. The session will also cover the “supporting” disciplines of negotiation skill building, communications, and “personal” marketing. The webinar concepts will be reinforced through a series of “mini” case studies.
- Gain an understanding of effective presentation skills in loan committee
- Learn to conquer fear and intimidation in making your presentation
- Analyze the “do’s and don’ts” of loan committee, personality types, group dynamics, and motivating presentations
- Review the related topics of negotiation skill building, communications, and personal marketing
- Summarize the webinar concepts through case studies
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, credit administrators, relationship managers, business
development officers, branch managers.
David L. Osburn, MBA, CCRA, is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a Business Training & Contract CFO Firm that provides seminars, webinars, and keynote speeches for bankers, CPAs, credit managers, attorneys, and business owners. His extensive professional background of over 30 years includes 20 years as a Business Trainer/ Contract CFO and 16 years as a bank commercial lender including the position of Vice President/Senior Banking Officer. Mr. Osburn has also been an adjunct college professor for over 30 years including College of Southern Nevada.
Register for the entire 3-part series and $ave or pick and choose the session(s) that best meet your personal and professional learning objectives.
Registration fee is per person. The webinar will be conducted
Zoom. You will receive connection information prior to the program. Registration deadline is one week prior to the offering.
Written cancellation (email acceptable) must be received on or before Friday, September 23, 2022, and will be subject to a $75 cancellation fee. NO refunds will be granted after Friday, September 23, 2022; however, a substitute may attend. IBC reserves the right to cancel any program for which there is insufficient funds to cover the expense of the program. In the event of cancellation by IBC registration fees will be refunded.